Scandal 507 "Even the Devil Deserves a Second Chance"

HOW DOES SHONDA NEM DO IT? HOW, SWAY? HOW!
I had so many questions after this episode, it was ridiculous. It made me unsure of everything. EVERYTHING. To the point where I was questioning Liv's intentions with Fitz. But I'm good now. Had a moment of insanity, forgive me. But I was so shocked I felt that way! Anyways these were my questions:
1) Did Olivia really love Fitz or was she plotting & thotting, "climbing the political ladder of power", & when she reached the pinnacle said
2) Was Olivia playing us all? Did that conversation w/ her father in the hanger in 301 change the game for her?
and then AND THEN the resident Olitz Whisperer Katrina Pavela on tumblr pointed out that Oliva is the "power" Rowan mentioned above and my mind entered into one major clusterf*ck of OH EM GEE!!!!!!!
How do Shonda nem bring it all the way back around like this? HOW!? How did I underestimate Olivia Frickin Pope?!? How do Shonda nem make me completely forget that Liv didn't tell Fitz the truth & she let crusty lips kiss her b/c WHOTF CARES WE GOT A BLACK WOMAN POTUS. *takes a deep breath* Anyways, in the 2 days since Scandal aired, I have come to some satisfying conclusions. This episode was BEAST, to say the least. Gosh, I love Scandal.

To Gloat or not to Gloat.
I can tell Tony Goldwyn studies Obama's speeches. He sounded just like him to me. Kudos to you, Tony. Well done.
Anyways, Liv comes in the Gloat Party looking for her boo, Abby blocks her b/c she wants the tea from Liv about the Senate Judiciary Committee & their supposed blackmail but Liv said she don't wanna give Abby the tea & continues on searching for bae. Liv thinks he's mad at her b/c she called off the wedding & returned the ring but being THE UNDERSTANDING BOYFRIEND HE IS *cough cough*, he got it and he wasn't upset. Ha! How about that, sis. One time for Olitz PDA that we never saw.

VEEP has a crush on David. Aww.

But then Cyrus comes rushing in to tell Fitz that Rowan has escaped. DUN DUN DUN DUN!
Then Olivia started to lip quiver and conjured up some fake tears like "my father escaped?"
SO THAT'S HOW WE GON ROLL LIV? OH IIGHT.
Anyways it was in that moment, Abby consumed all the tea. & Liv said with her eyes "YOU BETTER NOT MAKE A MUMBLING PEEP, HEFFA" I can't with these two besties. I love them so much.

Jake.
wtf is wrong with you & every other nigga thinking it's okay to break & enter Olivia's apartment then shout at her? IN. HER. APARTMENT!
& then read her? The funny thing is, I don't think anything Jake said was new knowledge for her. I actually think she put on her acting hat again & started welling up fake tears. B/c let's be honest here: Olivia could care less about Elise being dead. & she should really care less if Jake thinks she ruined her life b/c fact is, his life was ruined BEFORE he met Liv. But that's neither me or Liv's business. I do think she finally settled into the fact that she is her father's daughter no matter how much she doesn't want to be...she's been making it work for her it's just now she needs to really own it. She does by the end of the episode. I'm not sure exactly what Jake came to Olivia's apartment for...was it to receive an apology? Was it so she can "see the error of her ways" and run back into his arms? What is your purpose?
and then WTF was that nasty liquor ridden kiss he gave her before he left?
How you gon say you're so tired of being "our father's" son then kiss your sister?
sn: The reason why I wasn't so upset w/ this was b/c she wiped the kiss after he left. I'm not sure why she stood there & allowed him to do it in the first place. But this is Shonda's world. I'm just living in it.

Cyrus.

Case of the Week.
Mr. Matthews from Boy Meets World has been a baaaddd boy. Bill Cosby bad.
Turns out, he & his wife are the worst kind of creeps--they believe they're progressing the careers of women after he (read: man, male, hombre, homme, guy, dude, etc.) "works" (read: rapes) [with] them one on one. What kind of sick human beings? What kind of backwards feminism? I can't. I like how it ended. Go solidarity. Go Girl Power.

OPA.
When did Quinn give Marcus the low down on B6-13 & Rowan? How did Marcus take that information? idk. I'm glad he knows b/c we don't need a clueless nimwit working in the office. I'm glad they're "out of the spy business" and I hope that remains for the rest of the series. But Rowan got B6-13 in his head. & the way in which he can finesse people to do what he wants them to do is potent. I'm just praying to the good Lord above that B6-13 is not resurrected.
 b/c a mofo would be pissed. You heard it here first.

Liz North.
You gon snitch? On what exactly, sis? You & David are nasty. & I hope Susan got ether for you for stealing her man in her mind.

Olivia in the Oval.
She's officially the president's girlfriend. Wow. How did we get here guys? 
Olivia in the Oval reminded me of this Chris Rock joke:


*watch from the beginning up until 1:02 to hear the full joke. keep watching b/c the nigga is funny. but don't forget to come back & read the rest of my thoughts*

Liv always has Fitz's best interest at heart. & she was doing what she normally does in their relationship-Being his number 1 advisor/confidant. But this time it was on a grander scale b/c she was in the Oval w/ him. And in the Oval, ain't no pillow talk, bih. You get ish done, okay?
What Cyrus said at the end fudged me up & had me questioning her like I did in the beginning. But that is how Olivia & Fitz's relationship works--it's how it's always worked & b/c Cyrus never honestly communicated w/ either of his spouses, he doesn't have the capacity to understand that. If only Cyrus knew that those late night phone calls & even some of those visits weren't just heavy breathing angst like he thought. Olivia has always been advising Fitz politically. Only difference is now she can do it openly. & hey, Fitz likes it, I love it. 
Fitz TOLD US in season 2 that Liv controls him. He's her puppet. You think he doesn't know that she's running him? HE SAID SO. So spare me the hurt for Fitz. He knows exactly what's going on. Whether he'll change things, remains to be seen* *b/c I get it, Cyrus is the one who Fitz is to speak to for political advice...cuz ya know, that's Cyrus' job! But he better get used to the New Normal. Liv's always been in the picture it's just her presence is bigger now.

Some ask how can Olivia tell Fitz how to do his job? He can't tell her how to do hers. Well, for starters, he's not a fixer so he can't help her w/ her clients. Secondly, isn't that why he hired her in the first place? She's a political fixer. These traits are engrained in her DNA & most of the time, her guidance is correct. It makes sense for Fitz to see what Olivia thinks about his political problems...b/c she can fix them! Duh. 

I think in terms of avoiding the First Lady/impeachment headache, Olivia was very conscious of the benefits. She's free to come & go as she pleases while still being w/ her man. But I disagree w/ Cyrus' notion that she staged a coup to reach the level she is at. I believe that she, in that moment, when she took the glass of brown water & stood on the Oval Office seal, made a #minuswell decision to walk into her destiny. FIRST BLACK WOMAN POTUS. She is power. She can effect change with her power. And you know what, Fitz is going to let her until further notice. In the meanwhile, Liv is a Boss A** B*tch.

Next Week.
WELP! Looks like the cat'll be out the bag. Fitz gon be questioning her & she's gonna be all crying & stuff.
I don't know if I agree that this is Defiance bad b/c Liv really didn't have much of a choice otherwise. It was the only way she could save her life/career & his presidency. Liv had a choice in Defiance. I think Fitz will be upset over the fact that she should've confided in him about it but EUREKA! Maybe she didn't want him involved (ya know, signing the papers to have him released) so if it ever got out, everything would point to Mellie as the forger (she crosses the T bar differently from Fitz b/c he's a lefty) and then Fitz's hands are clean! Either way, she should've told him when he found out Rowan was released, she didn't, he gon be mad when he finds out but they not gon break up b/c the nigga on the poster.

I loved this episode b/c it made me feel things. Conflicting things. Difficult things, even if only for a moment. & that's the experience I'm looking to have. I love Shonda. I love Olitz. I love Scandal.

-Candyce

Comments

Popular Posts